Note: If you attended the live CE activity AND received CE credit (i.e. a pharmacist CE statement of credit with ACPE UAN 0221-9999-21-080-L04-P), you are NOT allowed to also receive credit for this home-study on-demand web activity.
As more hospitals and health systems offer integrated specialty pharmacy services, many pharmacists are looking for insights about how to build a career as specialty pharmacists in the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
In this one-hour continuing education panel discussion, four specialty pharmacists will draw on their professional journeys and experiences to share recommendations about how pharmacists can position themselves to break into or accelerate their growth in the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
Topics we will cover include:
- Key characteristics, experiences, and skills needed to succeed as a specialty pharmacist in the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
- How experiences in other practice settings can translate to the hospital and health system outpatient setting.
- Strategies to position yourself for hospital and health system specialty pharmacist job opportunities.
- Recommendations on how specialty pharmacists can accelerate career growth and professional development.
The target audience for this activity includes pharmacists. At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Summarize the differences and similarities between the hospital and health system outpatient setting and other practice settings.
- List characteristics, experiences, and skills needed to succeed as a specialty pharmacist in the hospital and health system setting.
- Discuss career paths in the health system specialty pharmacy space.
- Outline the components of a professional development plan to support career growth in the health system specialty pharmacy space.
Denali Cahoon, PharmD, Chief Operating Officer, Trellis Rx
Brandon Newman, PharmD, MMHC, Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Trellis Rx
Casey Ross, PharmD, MBA, Clinical Operations Manager – Southern Ohio Medical Center, Trellis Rx
Jason Trocki, PharmD, Director of Customer Success, Trellis Rx
Suprina Patel, PharmD, Autoimmune Clinical Pharmacist, Trellis Rx
Release Date: March 30, 2021
Expiration Date: March 30, 2022
This activity is jointly provided by ProCE, LLC and Trellis Rx. ProCE is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Universal Activity Number 0221-9999-21-080-H04-P has been assigned to this home study knowledge-based activity. This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEU) in states that recognize ACPE providers. The activity is provided at no cost to participants. Statements of completion will be issued online at www.ProCE.com upon completion of the evaluation and post-test with a score of 70% or higher. No partial credit will be given. Statements of completion will be issued online at www.ProCE.com, and proof of completion will be posted in NABP CPE Monitor profiles.
It is the policy of ProCE, LLC to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all of its continuing education activities. Faculty must disclose to participants any significant financial interest or affiliation with companies that manufacture or market products discussed during their presentation. None of the faculty presenters (moderator and panelists) have any relevant conflicts of interest to report.
No external support has been received for this activity.
The material presented in this CE activity does not reflect the views of ProCE, LLC or the commercial sponsor. These materials may discuss uses and dosages for therapeutic products, processes, procedures and inferred diagnoses that have not been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. A qualified health care professional should be consulted before using any therapeutic product discussed. All readers and continuing education participants should verify all information and data before treating patients or employing any therapies described in this continuing education activity.